When you’re with someone and they open their purse, do you try to sneak a peek inside it? No? Am I the only one?
Believe it or not, this is a book about Bags…Not just pictures of bags, but of the contents and the owner. “Me In My Bag” attempts to answer the question, “What does your bag say about you?”
I don’t know what explains our odd voyeuristic fascination with what people choose to schlep around all day, but there are some that think that a bag is a window to the soul. I won’t go that deep, but given the blogs, YouTube vids and books dedicated to this stuff, it’s a popular subject and I admit I love them. So, of course I couldn’t resist making a “What’s in My Bag” post. There is something interesting about dumping (and staging) the contents of your bag for the world to see. Here’s some of what you can find in my current favorite Clare Vivier Navy Duffle.
1. Wayfarers- After years of wearing sunnies with lenses the size of saucers, this is the most versatile pair of sunglasses I own, and one of the first pair that I haven’t lost!
2. Cuticle Cream/Hand Cream. I am mildly obsessed with hand cream; I will go into a dry hand panic if I don’t have some around at all times. Love the scent of lemon in the cuticle cream and eucalyptus in the hand cream.
3. Red nais/lip. The gloss is “Code Red” by Senna Cosmetics, one of my favorite local makeup brands and the polish is “Fishnet Stockings” by Essie. It is THE BEST shade of red! I take it with me whenever I get manis!
4. Headphones and charger case. Headphones are an essential commuter train survival tool to drown out the ignorant convos I hear on a regular basis. My quiet car stories have become legendary with my FB friends 🙂 The blue case is perfect for keeping my phone charger and headphone cords in check.
5. Sencha Naturals Green Tea Mints! To say that I’m addicted to these is an understatement. Bonus: Three mints= 1 cup of tea antioxidants. Plus the container has a nice quote on it:
“Music in the soul can be heard by the universe”.~Lao Tzu. Cool packaging and deep quotes? Sold.
For more nosy peeks into handbags, check out these links:
4 thoughts on ““What’s In Your Bag?” (and why do we care?)”
What an amazingly tidy bag: mine always seems to have loads of old receipts and train tickets and usually something completely random like a hammer.
Haha! I was contemplating another post called “The rest of the story”, where I show all the rubbish that’s ALSO in my bag! 😉
Love the CV duffel. May I please ask where you got the red tassel? Thank you!!
Thanks for stopping by Kay! Clare Vivier sells the tassels at their store in Los Angeles (Silverlake). I think you can call them to order (not sure if they are sold online).